2015 COLLEGE COMMITMENTS
|Grant Helber||Marietta College|
|Joe McGuinness||Bowling Green University|
|Spencer Pinnick||Ohio Dominican University|
|Doug Smith||Marshall University|
|DJ Strapp||Ohio Dominican University|
2016 COLLEGE COMMITMENTS
|Jeremiah Clarke||University of Toledo|
Why did you choose the University of Toledo?
- I chose the University of Toledo because when it comes down to it, they stood by me from day 1. They had faith in me and they took me in like family. They reach out to me by texting/calling, they invite me up to campus all the time, and they have the major I want to go into. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with my decision.
What role do the coaches expect you to play during your first year?
- Coach Mee & I have talked a lot about this, he really sees me becoming a big leader on the offensive side of things. He would like to see me continuing to work hard in the classroom and on the field so that I can make a larger impact in my 4 years at Toledo.
What is your biggest strength as a player and how do you feel that will help you at the University of Toledo?
- My biggest strength personally would be that I hit for power. I have been getting really good at staying balanced, loading, and quicker hands. I think that it will help me out at Toledo because division 1 baseball has great pitching. Having quick hands and balance plays a vital role.
Who has had the biggest impact on you as a baseball player?
- The biggest impact on me as a baseball player has to be my parents and my little sister without a doubt. I wouldn't be here in this situation without them. The time commitment my parents put in even though they work their butts off amazes me. Also, the fact my sister comes to all my games and sits through 2-3 games a day is special. I'm so blessed and thankful for all the opportunities I've received and I can't put it into words. I'll pay you all back someday.
Having played travel ball since you were 11, what was your most exciting experience playing summer ball?
- Honestly, I've played a lot of baseball since then, the game has grown on me tremendously. The no doubt answer to this, as to anyone on that team, would have to be my 12U year. We went 72-20, including being invited to Orlando, Florida and participating in the world wide sports Elite 32. We were playing with the top 32 teams in the nation, the teams and exposure was beyond insane. Pretty exciting throughout the years.
See the article here: http://travelballselect.com/tbs-featured-team-columbus-cobras-11u/
Matt Wisler played for the Columbus Cobras in 2009 and 2010.
Matt was scheduled to play for the Cobras in 2011 but was drafted by the Padres in June of 2011.
He joined the Padres Rookie League team in Arizona immediately after signing. Matt was coached by Harry Huskey & Joe Brownfield.
Career Cobra Stats:
|Innings pitched||83 2/3|
TJ White is a second year Cobra, and was selected to the 2015 Game Day USA 11U All-Star & participated in Disney's New Year's Baseball Classic at ESPN's Wide World of Sports in Orlando, FL. TJ's team took 3rd place & was 2-0 on the mound pitching 5 innings with 8 strikeouts. He also was 5/12 in the tournament hitting .416 BA & 5 RBI's with 7 runs scored.
To honor our 30th season as an organization, this anniversary patch will be worn on the left sleeve of all of uniforms this season.